Everyone is back from their summer holidays and not always very eager to get back to work.
If you want to extend your summer a little longer just try out this nice and easy cod carpaccio :
it's delicious and healthy and the mango/vanilla association is awesome to raise anyone's spirits when the weather is starting to cool down.
Ingredients for 2:
1 medium Mango - ripe
2 small tomatoes
300 g of fresh cod (or any other white fish that can be marinated)
1 fresh vanilla bean
2 tb of extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
How to do it:
1. Peal the tomatoes and the mango. Then dice them.
2. Chop the mint.
3. Cut the fish in small dices and keep them in your fridge.
4. For the dressing: extract the vanilla from the bean, pour the vanilla extract, the juice of 1 lemon and the olive oil. Shake well.
5. In a bowl, mix the fish, tomatoes, mango and mint. Add salt and pepper to season (white fish always needs extra salt).
6. Add the vanilla vinegrette and adjust the seasonnng if necessary. Dress onto your plates.
Et voilà ! Enjoy !
Incidently I had fresh tomatoes from my mom's garden. That was the extra touch that made the difference.